Immerse yourself into the world of culinary nutrition with a jam-packed day of presentations and cooking demos by the area's top culinary dietitians, chefs, and herbalists.
- Date: Friday, November 15th, 2019
- Time: 8:45am-4:30pm
- Place: Hackberry Creek Country Club, 1901 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063
- 6 CEU's will be available with this event
Booking is closed!
- CULINARY IMMERSION WORKSHOP SPEAKERS
- Certified Culinary Scientist Molly Bretl - Assisted by Marley Oldham Carnes, MS, RDN, LD, CSCS, CPT: Dairy MAX: The Science Behind Cooking with Dairy
- Molly comes from a long history in the fitness and food industry starting as a division I collegiate athlete followed by multiple degrees and certifications in the food and fitness industry. She has worked as a food scientist for Frito Lay, Cargill and Clorox. She holds a Bachelor’s in Biochemistry, a Masters in Food Science and Nutrition, as well as the esteemed title of Certified Culinary Scientist through the Research Chef Association. She also works a fitness professional holding both Group Fitness and Personal Training certifications, currently teaching at Craig Ranch Fitness, Frito Lay Corporate Fitness and Imx Pilates. She is passionate about food and fitness and continuously looks for ways to educate herself and her clients on living their best life.
- Barbara Brown, Master Gardener: How to Successfully Grow Vegetables and Herbs in North Texas
Barbara began growing vegetables in Denton County over 30 years ago. Because she enjoys cooking, she added herbs to her small garden plot. Over time, more herbs and vegetables found their way into the expanding garden area to flavor her cooking, bread and homemade cheese. After retiring in 2009 from the world of technology, Barbara enrolled in the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Master Gardener training program and became a Denton County Master Gardener in 2010. In addition to writing and working on the DCMGA website, Barbara has served as Communications Director and Board President.
- Dixya Bhattarai, MS, RDN, LD: Understanding Food Diversity: RDs Role in Patient Care
- Dixya Bhattarai, MS, RD/LD is a Culinary Registered Dietitian with several years of experience in Clinical and Food Service. She co-owns a culinary studio - The Table in Fort Worth where she hosts culinary pop-ups, cooking classes, and workshops. Ms. Bhattarai also teaches at Tarrant County Community College as an adjunct instructor.
- Cindy Kleckner, RDN, LD, FAND: Kitchen Confidence: An Arsenal of Culinary Tips and Media Messages as a Prescription for Health
- An award winning RDN and culinary expert, Cindy Kleckner inspires clients to enjoy optimal health and experience more life balance through her high energy presentations and culinary demos. She is an associate professor at the Collin College Institute for Hospitality and Culinary Education. As a consultant in corporate health and wellness, Cindy has worked with numerous companies and organizations including the Cooper Aerobics Center, Mary Kay Corporation, the Plano Fire Department, Cigna On-site Health, Cooper Craig Ranch, Dallas Arboretum and many city municipalities. She is a co-author of several national publications including The DASH Diet for Dummies and the Hypertension Cookbook for Dummies. She is a Fellow of the Academy and was honored as 2017 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Anita Owen Award of Recognition for Innovative Nutrition Education Programs for the Public and 2018 Outstanding Nutrition Education Award by the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Chef Skylar “Saub” Lauria: Three Secret Ingredients to Every Recipe: Time, Temperature, and TLC
- Chef Skylar Saub trained at internationally recognized culinary institutes i.e. Verace Pizza Napoletana (the most authentic art of pizza baking, dating back 100+ years), San Francisco Baking Institute(the masters of bread bakers and beyond), Culinary Institute of America(culinary pros second to none) and the French Pastry School (perfectionist in all things sweet). He gained real-world experience collaborating with several street food vendors cooking authentic cuisines and with award-winning culinary professionals across the globe. All this while running a niche catering concepts with a sharp focus on global cuisines and healthy meals. With an advanced degree in Bioengineering, relentless in harnessing the power of science, to realize the full potential of nature nurtured food, and to make it both healthy and tasteful. Passionate about eating nutritious and delicious food and good health he creates unique concepts that sit at the "intersection of Gourmet and Healthy".
- Dr. Ann VanBeber, PH.D, RD, LD, CFCS: Culinary Medicine: Integration of Medical Nutrition Principles with Dietary Practices
- Dr. Anne VanBeber, a nutrition educator since 1983, has been a Nutritional Sciences faculty member at Texas Christian University (TCU) since 1992. She received a B.S. from Texas Tech University and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Texas Woman’s University. A Registered and Licensed Dietitian, Dr. VanBeber is a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and a Certified Culinary Medicine Specialist. She is also certified in Family and Consumer Sciences through the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
Booking is closed!